Christ College was established in the year 1944 with affiliation in Arts subjects under Utkal University, VaniVihar, Bhubaneswar. Science faculty was added to this College in 1960. Thus the Department of Chemistry took its birth in 1960 along with the Department of Physics, Botany and Zoology. Honours in Chemistry was introduced in the department in 1980. From the beginning, the department had the privilege of having outstanding teachers which has continued till date. This has brought unique reputation to the college. The track record of performance of the students has been consistently excellent. Besides, the department is proud to have organized a state level workshop on “Emerging Areas of Research in Chemistry” on 26th Feb. 2017. A number of times, our students have secured top ten positions in the Utkal University. Many students of our department are now eminent research scholars, professors, administrators, investment bankers, army officers and successful human beings.
The Department of Chemistry conducts its own seminar since 1980. Every year chemistry honoursstudents select one student as their seminar secretary. All the teachers in this department guide and encourage students to take active part in the various activities of the seminar. Regular seminar meetings are arranged where students get the opportunity to listen to guest speakers and interact with them. Besides, the students also present talks on various contemporary topics connected with chemistry. The best presenter is awarded prize in the annual seminar.
The Department includes a research laboratory, two large and well equipped UG laboratories, one junior laboratory, a spacious store room and two well stocked sub-stores one each in the UG laboratory and the junior laboratory. The laboratory facilities include UV-Visible Spectrophotometer, hot air oven, sensitive electronic balance, deep freezers, conductometer, potentiometer, pH meter, deionizer, refrigerator, electric centrifuge, chromatography facility, horizontal electric shake and a computer with laser printer. The laboratory is well maintained and is constantly updated.
Sincerity, punctuality and discipline have been the hallmark of this department and the credit goes to all the teaching and non-teaching staff working in this department. Nine teaching faculty members are presently working in the department out of which three members have completed Ph.D. degree, two of them have submitted their Ph.D thesis and three are pursuing their Ph.D. research work actively.
|Mr. Alok Mishra||M.Sc||Lecturer & HOD||9937966737|
|Dr. Dillip Kumar Baral||M.Sc. Ph.D||Lecturer||9338235641|
|Lt. Dr. Pradyumna Dash||M.Sc., M.Phil, Ph.D.||Lecturer||9937505007|
|Dr. Mrs. Swati Mohanty||M.Sc. Ph.D||Lecturer||9437403055|
|Mr. Ashok Kumar Sahoo||M.Sc., M.Phil||Lecturer||9861066934|
|Mrs. Mitali Mishra||M.Sc, M.Phil.||Lecturer||9776373198|
|Mrs. M. Sanjana||M.Sc., M.Phil||Lecturer||9583210616|
|Mr. Ra. SwameswarRao||M.Sc., M.Phil||Lecturer||9861180677|
|Mr. PriyaRanjan Dash||M.Sc.||Lecturer||8270769103|
|Mr. Santosh Kumar Nathsharma||M.Sc.||Lecturer||9776272302|
|Ms. Smaraki Moharana||Demonstrators and Lab. Assistants||9668090063|
|Mr. Biswabandan Sahoo||Demonstrators and Lab. Assistants||9090769301|
|Mr. Debasish Peter||B.Sc.||Store Keeper||9437511087|
|Mr. Pitabash Swain||Attendants||9556669380|
|Mr. Nanda Nandan Raul||Attendants||8658177395|
|Mr. DwarikaNath Moharana||Attendants||7377641420|
|Mr. Sanjay Kumar Nayak||Attendants||9861443559|
|Mr. Debadipta Nayak||Attendants||7978850144|
ACHIEVERS LIST OF OUR DEPARTMENT
1. Dr. Arun Kumar Nayak, Reader and Head, Deptt. of Chemistry UN (Auto) College.
2. PravakarSethy, Sundergarh Govt. Autonomous College.
3. Prakash Kumar Sahoo, Rajendra College, Bolangir.
4. HrudayBallav Rout, Executive Trainee, ONGC.
5. Shyama Prasad Panda, AS, PEPSICO.
6. ReemitaMitra, Voicetree Technologies)
7. JigyansaSahoo, Ph.D. NIT, Rourkela.
8. Atis Roy, Ph.D., Scholar, Sagar University, MP
9. Rudra Prasad Rout, Ph.D., Scholar, IIT, Kharagpur.
10. Sekhar Kumar Biswal, Ph.D., Scholar, IIT, Mumbai.
11. AmiyaRanjanMohanty, Senior Manager, Maersk GSC, Pune.
12. UshaKiran, Research Scholar, CSIR, IMMT, Bhubaneswar.
13. Anil Kumar Sahoo, Sub Inspector, Odisha Police.
14. Jitendra Kumar Mohanty, Post Master, India Post
15. GyanendraSatapathy, Indian Navy.
16. Ritesh Kumar Singh, Indian Navy.
17. BikramParida, Indian Army.
18. Rajesh Behera, Indian Army.
19. Nirmal Kumar Sahoo, Indian Railway.
20. PriyadarshiDiptiranjan, Revenue Inspector, Govt. of Odisha.
21. Pragyan P. Mishra, Lecturer and Head, Raghunath Jew College.
22. Lopamudra Panda, Lecturer at GIET, Bhubaneswar.
23. NiharRanjanSahoo, Jr. Clerk, District Court, Cuttack.
24. SourvaDey, Lecturer, Raghunath Jew College.
25. ManasiPatra, Lecturer, IG Women's College, Cuttack
26. PriyaRanjan Dash, Lecturer, Christ College, Cuttack.
27. SanjuktaMohapatra, Lab Assistant, Christ College, Cuttack.
28. PuspitaNayak, Junior Clerk, Dist, Court, Kendrapara
29. Kali Prasad Ghadei, Assistant Manager, Serwin Williams.
30. GoutamGhosh, Branch Manager, National Insurance Company Ltd.
31. Jitendra Kumar Lenka, Paradeep Phosphate Ltd.
32. Rahul Kumar Sahoo, Paradeep Phosphate Ltd.
33. SushantaPallar, manager, Axis Bank
34. Bibhu Prasad Raiguru, Assistant Manager, Axis Bank.
35. Bishnu Prasad Raiguru, Ph.d. Scholar, Ravenshaw University.
36. PrinkilPriyadarshiParida, ZEE India.
37. AlivaAcharya, Junior Hospital Adminstrator, I.M.S. & S.U.M. Hospital.
38. SouravPradhan, Faculty, FITJEE
39. Altamas, Wasi, Abott.
40. Amrut Kumar Sahoo, Glaxo Smith Kline Pharmaceuticals.
Gallery Of Chemistry Department
|Pravakar Sethy||Lect., SundargarhGovt College||9090699115|
|Prakash Ku Sahoo||Lect., Rajendra College||9903245892|
|HrudayaBallav Rout||Executive Trainee, ONGC||7008331962|
|AmiyaRanjan Mohanty||Senior Manager, Maersk, Pune||8270033001|
|PragyanParamita Mishra||Lect. & HOD , Raghunath Jew College||7735501312|
|Aliva Acharya||Junior Hospital Administrator, I.M.S & S.U,M Hospital,BBSR||9178395738|
|Sourav Pradhan||Lect. in ALLENS,BBSR||7008624893|
|Rahul Kumar Sahoo||Excutive Trainee,PPL,Odisha||9778661130|
|PriyaRanjan Dash||Lect. In Christ College,Cuttack||8270769103|
|Nirmal Kumar Sahoo||Indian Railway||79788235848|
|Sourav Dey||Lect. In Chemistry, R.N. JEW College,Cuttack||8984253852|
|PriyadarshiDiptiranjan||Revenue Inspector, Govt. of Odisha||9124882818|
|Bibhu Prasad Raiguru||Asst. Manager, Axis Bank, CTC||7008981336|
|Anil Ku. Sahoo||Sub Inspector, Rourkela, Odisha||9583270207|