The department of Commerce in Christ College, Cuttack was established in 2005-06 as the College celebrated its Diamond Jubilee Year. Sharp minds are at works in the department, where students learn the latest trends in business, commerce and entrepreneurship. The scholarship faculty team guides students at every step, motivating them to become worthy managers and administrators. They engage in various forums to constantly upgrade their own skills and ensure that the students were well prepared to succeed.
Commerce was introduced both at the +2 and +3 levels with 128 and 64 (pass) seats respectively. In the first year of its introduction there was been great response from the students and guardians and therefore seats were increased to 256 from 128 with effect from the academic year 2008-09 at +2 level and 32 Hons. seats were introduced in the year 2009-10 at +3 level. Again in the year 2011-12, another 32 Hons.seats were introduced due to heavy demand of the students. In the year 2015-16 total Hons. seats available in the department was 96 and in theyear 2018-19 total Hons. seats were 128 and the department became full fledgedhonours department in the College.
The department aspires to become a full-fledged department resplendent with certificate and diploma courses and post graduate courses. The dept. wishes to fulfill all the salient features to become one of the best departments in the college. The department also aims to promote overall development among the faculty members, equipping them meet the essential commodities of teaching.
The dept. of Commerce is still a young dept. of the College and we intend to nurture this in order to make it a successful dept. in the future. With the endeavor of the teaching staff and the students we hope to bring glory and success to the dept. as well as to the College.
|Mr. Subrat Bal||M.Com,M.Phil,||Lecturer & HOD||9437285374|
|Dr. Jiwan Jhunjhunwala||M.Com,M.Phil.,Ph.D,MBA,NET,||Lecturer||9861143405|
|Dr. (Mrs.) Sanju Sharma||M.Com,M.Phil,Ph.D.||Lecturer||9668545438|
|Mr. Sivananda Mohanty||M.Com.||Lecturer||7377977933|
ACHIEVERS LIST OF OUR DEPARTMENT
1. The Department of Commerce is one of the best result producing departments in the College in terms of Pass percentage both in +2 & +3 levels.
2. Dept. has already produced the best 10th position and 20th positions in order of merit in the Annual CHSE in 2011.
3. The faculty members of the department have published text books with ISBN Number.
4. Our faculty members are selected as research guides by different universities of the state.
5. The faculty members of the department are members of various academic associations.
6. Students of the department participate in various academic and sports events and win laurels for the department.
7. The Dept. organises Annual Seminars every year by inviting academicians and professionals.
8. The Dept. also organised a UGC sponsored workshop on “Demonetisation” in the year 2016-17.
Gallery Of Commerce Department
|Sulakshan Banerjee||Manager, Accenture Ltd.||9556279477|
|Parinita Dey||ICICI Lombard||9778049409|
|Sanjana Mohanty||Axis Bank||9438782058|
|Aditi Pradhan||HDFC Bank||9731541713|
|Zuber Khan||Kotak Mahindra Bank||7008186989|
|Anupama Ray Ghosh||Axis Bank||8093419036|